Friday, March 15, 2013

Smelling the roses...


Most days, in the busyness of life, we don't think past the here and now. With friends, family, work and crazy schedules, there's hardly time to take a breath. We crowd our days trying to do everything, and are actually proud of ourselves for being "multi-taskers" and "always doing something". I'm as guilty of this as anyone.

But then there are moments of clarity where we glimpse a piece of the bigger picture. When our life is frozen for a minute and we see in slow motion. When suddenly a feeling of a bigger purpose and almost an out-of-body experience shows us that we are part of a bigger plan. I am grateful for moments when I realize I am right where I'm supposed to be.

For me, sometimes I look up at the stars, feel the wind in my face, or see someone laughing, and it triggers a moment of thought. Stopping to thank God for the opportunities he's given me, and realizing that He is in control.

The old saying to "stop and smell the roses" can apply to pausing and being thankful for where we are. In spite of us, the world spins on, with roses blooming and fading. Will we stop to smell them and be glad we did? Take a moment to be still and take a breath, thanking God for the blessings of today.

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."
-Proverbs 19:21, ESV



Check out my latest video, featuring Manna Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment